Monday 14 March 2016

Start the Spring cruise.


Monday, March 14th. 2016


This is the Hatton Flight ... 21 locks, in all; from our 'winter home' to the top; but actually, only 18 to our present (temporary) resting place in Knowle Hall Dry Dock. We needed to do some essential maintenance, so this funky little facility is convenient and cheap ... perfect!



We should be un-docking tomorrow (Tuesday), and then proceeding - via the last 3 locks, Stratford-upon-Avon and Tewksbury - to Gloucester. It is there that; on the First of April, I'll be presenting the 'Ship Of Fools' concert; to raise funds in aid of the second annual Gloucester Shanty Festival. I won't be able to be there myself (over Spring Bank Holiday weekend) but - somehow or other - I've been designated the festival's 'PATRON' ... so I'd better do something to assist.

So ... this start to our 2016 cruising - about 2 months - will take us up to our departure for California; and the WEDDING OF THE CENTURY!!! Watch this space ...


2 comments:

  1. And a great patron you are, Tom, looking forward to seeing you again! Safe journey and good luck. Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am removing my self from the question of what those mushroom shaped items were for, on the basis of knowing the answer!

    ReplyDelete